Sunday 21 September 2014

Baking my way around the world...

I spent Saturday helping to prepare for a pastors' conference which is happening this week.  The theme is 'llamados' or 'called' and it's about mobilising churches to send and support missionaries.  So the preparation involved making 300 cookies and icing them to look like maps of the world!

It was fun to be back in the world of mass-producing biscuits.  Skills from Fellowship Afloat stood me in good stead.

And it was great to have a day of making some new friends in Lima, and chatting and joking in Spanish.

I also had to concentrate hard to draw the continents from a southern-hemisphere perspective, and sadly realised that the UK wasn't big enough to show up.
   

But ultimately it was lovely to know that we are part of a whole global network of Christians wanting to follow God and support each other as we learn to serve him.



1 comment:

  1. They are amazing! I had trouble with simple smiley faces on my friend's birthday buns - but a map of the world, now there is a challenge to be taken up at some point!

    ReplyDelete