Friday 20 February 2015

Yo-oo amo a Ella!

So my friends several years ago in Ecuador wrote a song called "yo amo a ella" - "I love her".  In this case it's also true of my niece: I love Ella!

It was wonderful of my sister and brother-in-law to bring her to have a holiday in Florida, wonderful of my aunt and uncle to have a timeshare apartment there, and wonderful of all of them not to mind my gatecrashing.  So I had a glorious week getting to know my first ever niece - very very exciting.


The other highlight was probably the food, if I’m honest.  American pancakes are always a winner, and I LOVED having sausages for the first time in 6 months.  And my sister, hero that she is, used up half a suitcase bringing over tea bags and Angel Delight and dairy milk and all sorts of good things.  But it was also lovely to relax in the Florida sunshine and see dolphins and pelicans (and a couple of alligators at a safe distance).
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment