Monday 18 May 2015

Back to school

I’ve been studying a Diploma in “Integrated Management of Basic Environmental Sanitation” at one of the Abancay Universities.
It looks at the laws and procedures around water systems, the roles and technologies, training village water boards in the skills they need, and how to apply for government funding for projects. It’s every 2nd weekend for 6 months - so far it’s been hard work but very interesting and I am very glad I decided to take the course. There are some extra training events too for local water system managers, and I am taking the opportunity to learn everything I can. It’s a bit of a new way of doing university for me - last week we had 6 hours of class time without a break!

Not just listening... we have to present back to the rest.
So far my Spanish is functional but not professional!

It's also been great to meet the other students - both for developing new friendships and meeting others who work in the same areas as AIDIA.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment