Saturday 27 June 2015

I have a degree!

After a very successful trip to Lima, I now have a Masters Degree!  Or at least, one that is officially valid in Peru.  My original degree certificate has grown to 6 sheets of paper and various ribbons and seals to show it's all present and correct.  I've been working on this ever since I first got here, so it's great to have it.  This now means I can put letters in front of my name - but more importantly it means that I can become a member of the Peruvian College of Engineers and officially sign-off on projects - which in turn means that AIDIA has the option of not only doing self-funded projects but also working with in-country funding making my Water projects ministry more sustainable long-term.  At least this is the plan...
It's not the end of the paperwork as the Abancay branch of the College doesn't quite know what to do with me because no foreigners have tried to register here before - so we will be working that out.  There is an official system - so somebody somewhere will know!

I also have my Peruvian driving licence, having provided a translation of my UK licence, passed the theory test, proved I can see and done a psychological assessment ("to what extent do you agree with the following statement: sometimes I see things that aren't there", etc.).  Again, I'm not planning on using this straight away, as I don't have a car at the moment, but am very glad to have it completed for the future when I might be transporting lots of construction materials to the villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment