Thursday 13 October 2016

In which I return to Piscoya

In Luke 10:2 Jesus says "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." - he's talking about many people being ready to listen to his good news, but few people being available to tell them.

Well, in Piscoya I feel like one of those workers.

A couple from Abancay have been visiting Piscoya for over a year.  They always visit the same family, who have been very welcoming and really valued what they have to say, coming to believe in Jesus and have their lives visibly changed.

But it really seems a harvest is beginning and God has sent me to help with this part... I've now accompanied them three times, and each time at least one new person has approached us and asked us to visit them - and come back again.

It's a tiring day (7 hours of travelling and 9 hours of very hot weather) but it's very exciting to be part of.

 And there are some very cute friends to catch up with...

This guy sucked enthusiastically on my shoelaces, the tassles of my scarf and even the end of my plait... with 2 brothers to compete with for milk I think he was hungry!



No comments:

Post a Comment