Thursday 14 December 2017

Christmas visits

It's that time again... Christmas presents... hot chocolate... paneton... and lots of visits to the villages.

In Mariscal Gamarra - I know these guys in Raccaraccay pretty well now and it's always fun to visit.




We also gave some training about the role of deacons in the church - it was good to put some of my CHE techniques into practice.  And I might be starting to teach the guitar!

From 1 Timothy and Titus - what are the requirements for deacons?

This time I also got to get up at 4am, walk 2 hours up the mountain (with occasional lifts from a horse) to the village of Cruzpata.



In Anchicha - a new village for me.  I think I was mostly invited because I have a car - it's good that it's giving me new opportunities!









And in Ayahuay - this is just up the hill from Piscoya.  And certainly the most full the car has been so far!  We took all the food, boxes of dried foods for families in need, the presents, and some of the props for the kids' activities.  And this village wins the prize for the stand-up/sit-down version of "Alelu alelu alelu aleluia, Praise ye the Lord"!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment