Sunday 8 March 2015

Hospitality and Chaos

Since I got back I’ve actually been feeling a lot more on-the-ball than I expected, which has been wonderful.  I’ve been doing a lot of hosting - helping me feel more settled in, building up relationships and starting some student work:

A pancake party (a week late but nonetheless satisfying)

A student “sleep”over - there was no sleeping involved - we cooked food, played charades, I introduced them to Mafia which went down very well at 4am, finished with a film and they all left about 8am.  It was made more challenging by 2 power cuts and the water being turned off at 10pm and not coming back on again!  Evening and morning photos - some difference in energy levels I think...

Then the next week friends from church came over for lasagne.  And finally I invited the family I stayed with in 2013 over for dinner.  I made very English pie and mash with gravy, and then we had some very tactical games of uno!  It was lovely to be able to thank them in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment